I've been thinking for a while about how to handle this kind of blog, or journal. I want something that is positivity-centered, because I feel like I've been too focused on the negative whenever I do these things. I also want some structure.
I had some points in Todoist that I wanted to address:
- Journal
- TikTok, Youtube, and Instagram Weening
- Tracking weight loss
- No Fap
- Getting more friends
- Exploring jobs and business ideas
- Setting goals
- Research Gym with Yoga and Personal Trainer through Perkspot
- Surfing
- Finishing Glosolalia
I think a good place to begin is to try and pick the most pressing points and create some SMART goals, because I think they're an effective way to put these things together.
Losing weight is probably the most pressing thing here. So what are SMART goals again?
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant
Time-Based
Losing weight can be something quite abstract, so I could frame this in multiple ways. For instance, rather than something unhelpful like "lose 5 pounds in 3 days", I might have to do something like "Eventually take over all aspects of grocery shopping, food tracking, and meal planning." Obviously, this isn't going to happen in a few weeks. This has to be a systematic, from-the-ground-up method of lifestyle design. Eventually, I do want to be able to have planned every meal by the start of every week, with all the numbers tracked and ready to go. I want all or most of these meals to be vegetarian or pescatarian.
But, for now, I think I should build a SMART goal for these next two weeks.
Specific
I will track my brunch meal everyday of these next two weeks. It will be either egg sandwich or cereal. I will plan meals up to September 24th. I will take some time today to plan these meals based off of TikTok recipes and tried-true meals.
Measurable
I will track the meals in my FitBit app.
Achievable
This is definitely reasonable and achievable within the next two weeks (up to 9/24)
Relevant
This is in lock-step with my goal to lose weight and be healthier. I do want to see if I can get a six-pack someday.
Time-Based
The deadline for this is September 24th. The deliverables are: one meal logged everyday until 9/24. I will create an Excel Sheet with meals planned until 9/24. From now on, the day to plan meals is Sunday. Here is my Google Sheet: Meals on Wheels.
Tomorrow or the day after, I will tackle another SMART goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment